Awarded qualification: Doctor of Medicine ( MD Physician)
Direction: Health care
Program volume in credits: 365 ECTS
Duration of Study: 6 years, 12 semesters
Tuition form: Full-time
Language of instruction: English
Cost of Studies: 5000 USD/ Year
Program volume in credits: 300 ECTS
Duration of Study: 5 years, 10 semesters
Tuition Form: Full-time
Language of instruction: English
Awarded qualification: Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM)
It is very important to apply the following forms of instruction during the training process:
• Interactive lectures, seminars;
• interim examinations;
• Bedside teaching;
• Problem-based learning (PBL);
• Case-based learning (CBL);
• Training on simulators and molds;
• Role play of the patient and the physician;
• Laboratory study;
• Clinical rotations in clinic
•Verbal method (oral presentation of lectures and seminars,
• Discussion/debate (prompting an argument among students, expressing one’s own viewpoint during an interactive lecture);
• Brainstorming (considers stimulating the realization of the students’ mental capacities, during which various ideas proposed by students are generated around one particular issue and then classified and prioritized)
•The demonstrative method:During the practical sessions, the following methods will further contribute considerably to the strengthening of the obtained knowledge and the development of the skills necessary for carrying out professional activities by the student:
• Analysis of a case or the case-based learning (CBL) method (which describes the specific situations,
requires a discussion and serves as an incentive for logical reasoning by the students;
• Group discussion/debates (prompting an argument among students, expressing one’s own viewpoint during an interactive lecture);
• The method of working on the book;
• The method of writing work, which considers the following: test work, solution of quizzes, exercises and problems, preparation of abstracts, papers and synopses by using the main and complementary training literature);
• Team work (which considers forming teams each consisting of 5-6 persons within academic groups; mutual presentation of seminars and scheduled training-creative projects; development of healthy competition among the groups); bedside teaching. Conducting practical and laboratory sessions; Counseling and independent work.
•Problem based learning (PBL)- this method connects the learning process with decision making, problem solving skills so needed in both theoretical and practical medicine. While working with the tutor, students discuss clinical cases, stating possible problems, discuss possible diagnosss, diagnostic methods, treatment, plan studying, and receive feedback. This method motivates for deeper understanding of concepts, the desire tolook for and independently learn literature to make well- grounded decisions and defend them, connect theoretical knowledge in basic subjects with clinical subjects, also develop team- working skills, essential for clinical practice.
The innovative information/material retrieval method;
• Participation in scientific-research projects.
Positive assessment is distributed as follows in the Examinations:
(A) - excellent - 91–100 points (of the maximum grade); (B) – very good - 81-90 points (of the maximum grade); (C) - good - 71-80 points (of the maximum grade);
(D) - Satisfactory - 61-70 points (of the maximum grade); (E) – Sufficient - 51-60 points (of the maximum grade); Negative assessment is distributed as follows
(FX ) – not passed - 41-50 points (of the maximum grade), meaning a student needs more effort to pass an examination and is given the right to resit an examination through independent work.
A student who failed to pass a final examination and received a grade FX is entitled to resit an examination in the same semester not earlier than 5 days after the announcement of final examination results.
(F) - Failure - 40 or less points (of the maximum grade), meaning the student’s effort is not enough and s/he has to retake the course. The level of a student’s academic performance at Caucasus International University shall be determined by the points received for the courses as well as the 4-grade equivalent of these points - Grade Point Average (GPA).
• Diploma with Honours - 3.5 GPA or higher with a high level of competence and the ability to use knowledge creatively.
• Regular Diploma - Positive grades in all subjects and lower than 3.5 GPA.
|Basic Of Matrix||Dr. Steve Palmer||08:00 to 13:00|
|Matrix Overview||Jacob||08:00 to 13:00|
|Matrix Application||Kimberly Jones||08:00 to 13:00|
|Advanced Matrix||Dr. Klee||08:00 to 13:00|